Explore, Discover & Learn !
The Belize Ecology Field Course is a collaborative effort among five local conservation Non-Government Organizations (NGOs) dedicated to sustainable development through land stewardship for conservation management and protection of Belizes biodiversity and natural resources. The overall learning goals of the program include:
· Integration of modern concepts in ecology, geography, environmental science and conservation.
· Experiencing a diversity of terrestrial and marine tropical ecosystems
· Interpreting and analyzing human interactions with natural systems
· Understanding issues of global environmental concern
· Having fun through immersion in tropical nature and cultural diversity.
The program combines academic lectures and field excursions to create an experiential learning program designed to involve the student in observation, independent analysis and group reflection on their field study experiences to gain new ideas and perspectives on ecology, conservation, and sustainable development. Cultural immersion and adventure activities augment the study program to create a fun, rewarding, and unforgettable experience. The unique qualities of the program include a travel abroad experience, immersion into the scientific community of one of the most biologically and culturally diverse regions of the world, and the flexibility for each student participant to engage in their own curiosities and interests to develop independent study projects for development during, and after the field program.
All information about the summer course can be dowloaded from the menu to the right !